The majority of my work comes from commissions. I understand that this is a substantial investment and I want to make the process as enjoyable as possible. What follows is a pricing structure and a general roadmap of the upfront costs and process required to create an instrument designed especially for your tastes and needs. Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions.
As of January 2017 the base price of my classical guitar is *$4900.00. This price includes the following:
- 650mm or 640mm scale length
- Top wood of Western Red cedar, Engelmann or European spruce
- Back and sides of East Indian rosewood
- Spanish cedar or Honduras mahogany neck
- Front and rear headstock veneers
- 7- fan closed harmonic bar bracing
- Rosewood bridge
- French polish finish
- Gilbert or Gotoh Premium tuning machines
- Humicase Metro Pro case or similar
*NOTE: My base price will increase to $5200.00 as of January 1, 2018. The options listed below will remain as currently priced.
- Open harmonic bar bracing- Add 200.00
- Compound cutaway – Add 600.00
- Sound ports w/plugs – Add 200.00 per port
- Additional strings – Add 300.00 per string plus applicable tuner upcharge
- Additional wood species – Contact me to discuss
- Alessi tuning machines – Add 150.00 minimum
- Rodgers Tuning machines– Add 400.00 minimum
- Electronics – Add 200.00 for install plus cost of system
*Custom engraving design by Gregory Miller.
Please contact me via phone or email to discuss a possible commission. I require a 500.00 non- refundable deposit to be placed on my building list. A payment of 50% will be required to start the build process. Final payment will be required prior to shipment of the finished instrument. Shipping costs are paid for by the owner.
After receipt of the new instrument there will be a 72 hour trial period. If after that time you determine that the instrument is not suited to you, the instrument may be returned to me for a full refund less the original deposit and any repairs required. Shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the owner. Note: It is not possible to extend this offer to clients who have requested a highly specialized or customized instrument. I will inform you if the instrument falls into this category prior to construction.
It is my goal to make guitars that exhibit a high level of craftsmanship and that will withstand the test of time with regular use. Therefore, I warranty my instruments against defects in materials or workmanship for my life as a working maker.
I cannot be responsible for the following:
- normal wear and tear
- abuse or neglect
- damage caused by extremes of temperature or humidity
- natural disaster
Repairs done by persons other than myself may void this warranty.